Celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffmann shares four deliciously fresh recipes inspired by the four premium scents of our new Fresh Outlast Body Wash and Bar Collection.
“These new fragrances not only enticed my senses in the shower, but also sparked my creativity in the kitchen,” says Ingrid, who is excited to be working with Olay creating fun, refreshing recipes.
Check out the recipes below:
White Strawberry, Mint and Passion Fruit Mini Trifles
Makes 8 servings
1 cup white strawberries, diced
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1 cup diced pineapple
1/4 cup frozen passion fruit pulp, thawed
1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 store-bought angel food cake
Grated zest of 2 limes, for garnish
1. Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until syrup has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add mint and let steep 10 minutes. Stir in passion fruit pulp. Let syrup cool to room temperature. Strain the mixture through a sieve and discard mint.
2. Combine the strawberries and pineapple in a medium bowl. Combine the yogurt and agave in a small bowl until blended. With a 3-inch round biscuit cutter, cut the cake into 16 rounds.
3. To assemble, place 1 cake round in each of 8 mini-trifle bowls or parfait glasses. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon syrup. Top with 2 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture and 1 tablespoon of the yogurt mixture. Repeat layering once, ending with the yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with the lime zest. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
Mango + White Ginger Chutney with Salmon
Makes 4 servings
2 large mangoes, peeled, pitted and cubed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
1 red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup golden raisins
6 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons corn oil
Combine the onion, bell pepper, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, water, ginger, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, and allspice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the onion and bell pepper are softened, about 8 minutes.
Add the mangoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally until the mangoes are softened and the chutney has thickened slightly, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Meanwhile, sprinkle the salmon with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat the oil in a nonstick ridged grill pan set over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook, turning once, until just opaque in the center, 4 - 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro and serve with the chutney.
Crisp Pear & Fuji Apple Salad with Kale and Guava Vinaigrette
Makes 6 servings
1 Bosc or red pear, cut into thin wedges
1 Fuji apple, cut into thin wedges
1/4 cup guava nectar
2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1-inch-long x1/4-inch-thick piece guava paste, cut into cubes
1 shallot, quartered
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 (4.5-ounce) container baby kale
2 ounces aged Manchego cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
1/4 cup toasted pistachios, chopped
1. To make the vinaigrette, puree the guava nectar, vinegar, olive oil, guava paste, shallot, salt, and pepper in a food processor until creamy and smooth.
2. Put the kale in a large bowl and drizzle lightly with some of the vinaigrette; toss gently to coat. Add the apple and pear. Scatter the cheese over top and sprinkle with the nuts.
Vinaigrette yield: 1/2 cup
Soothing Orchid and Black Currant agua fresca (agua de jamaica)
Makes 4 servings
2 bags of vanilla orchid tea
2 bags of black currant tea
4 cups water
6 fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and shredded
Juice of 1 lemon
Stevia or preferred sweetener, to taste
Ice cubes, for serving
4 lemon wedges, for garnish
4 fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla orchid tea, black currant tea, and mint leaves. Let stand 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the tea bags, pressing hard on the bags.
2. Transfer to a heatproof pitcher and stir in the ginger, and lemon juice and sweetener. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours.
3. Pour into 4 ice-filled glasses, garnish each with a lemon wedge and mint sprig, and serve immediately.
Stay tuned for more details on the Olay Fresh Outlast Body Wash and Bar Collection, available in February.